Zoom: Using Closed Captioning During Online Meetings
Online Meeting tools: Zoom
For online video or audio meetings from computers, Android, and iPhones-- includes text chat, screen-sharing, and session recording (all subject to host controls).
1. Sign onto Zoom.us (Make sure you are using your @amityregion5 account, NOT @amityschools.org.)
2. On the left hand sidebar:
- Slide to on "Allow host to type closed captions or assign a participant/third party device to add closed captions."
- A screen will pop that says “The following settings depend on this setting, the change might affect them.” Click “Turn On”.
- Check the option "Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side-panel in-meeting."
- Click “Save”
- Exit zoom.us
3. When you are in a Zoom meeting and want closed captioning:
This will add CC to the system sound that is detected, whether you are speaking through the microphone or something playing in a share (a video).