Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Amity High School, Amity Region 5 School District, Woodbridge, CT 06525, 203-397-4844
Librarians: Robert F. Musco and Victoria Hulse
Robert F. Musco
Alternative Assessments Using Tech Tools
Tired of Grading Essays? Alternative Assessments Using Tech Tools
Do you have too many essays to read and grade? Are you interested in learning other ways to assess the skills of writing and communication. Watch this tutorial to review assessment techniques such as:
- Creating digital posters, infographics, and timelines using Google Drawing tools.
- Using podcasts to demonstrate research, writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Creating websites or e-portfolios to demonstrate knowledge using Google Sitesskills.
- Using Nearpod or PearDeck to spice up student Google slideshow presentations
- Creating digital books using Book Creator.
Video Overview of Tech Tools