Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Amity High School, Amity Region 5 School District, Woodbridge, CT 06525, 203-397-4844
Librarians: Robert F. Musco and Victoria Hulse
Robert F. Musco
New York Times Replica Edition: How to use the New York Times Replica Edition
New York Times Replica Edition
What is it?
An electronic version of the real New York Times that:
- gives every page of The Times on your computer exactly as it is in print.
- lets you listen to articles read aloud, save/print PDFs of each page.
- search all articles for the previous month.
- You can search back to 1985 in the DATABASE version at News and Newspapers.
How do you access the New York Times Replica?
→ Google search “Amity Library”→
(tab) Find Online Stuff→By Database→New York Times Replica Edition
How do you navigate the New York Times Replica
- To open newspaper from home page: Click on newspaper image.
- To turn pages: Use forward arrows, or flip the top corner.
- To read an article: Click on it to zoom in.
- To zoom in even more: Click on the green magnifying glass cross at the bottom.
- To read a text version of the article: Click on the title of the title.
- To print an article: From text view, choose to print in text form or original graphic form.
- To save an article: From text view, choose to print, and choose PDF as your printer.
- To save an article: From original graphic form, use SAVE icon to download PDF
- To change the date: Click the CALENDAR at top.
- To see title of sections and articles: Click Table of Contents at the top.
- To see what icons do: Click orange Quick User Guide on the upper left.