Using BookCreator (updated 2-2020)
Information literacy topics:
- Using technology tools
Objective: To effectively use the BookCreator platform to create an online eBook that takes advantage of the full possible range media contect to present a narrative (children’s book).
Academic-Writing: “Students will produce and distribute a variety of writing designed to entertain, inform, or argue, as well build and present knowledge derived from research.“
Academic-Problem-solving: “Students will use appropriate tools strategically to solve problems.”
We are going to discover how to use the BookCreator platform together as you begin to produce your eBooks.
Look at these examples:
Girls Don't Play Basketball by Leah Ray
Graphic novel-style (narration included, no video)
The Magical Moustache by Mrs. Goodwin's 2nd Grade Class
Graphic novel-style (limited voice-over, some video, some sound effects)
2. Getting started
- Go to BookCreator.com
- Sign in as a STUDENT. Use your Google @amityschools.org account.
- In “LIBRARIES”, go to “Join a Library”. Use the join code: -
- Use the to start your book.
3. Add your text, images, and sound. (Hint: Write and refine all your text first in a Google doc so you don’t lose it.)
4. Learn how to do more by following these instructions from BookCreator.